TFIOS Book + Film Review!




Hello there!
Did you have a good half term? Let me know in the comments below! Plus, how was every bodies loving Valentines??
Because of the recent celebration of love and peace, today I will be posting a book AND film review!! And guess what it is; a romance, rated-12, your not-so-typical teenage cancer love story, and my FAVOURITE adaption of all time?! The Fault in our Stars!
Okay so I need to stop ranting about my likes and dislikes and get on with it because I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF TIME...


Okay, so basically the novel/movie is a romance and it was written and adapted by the American author John Green. This is a brief overview of the story line, copied from 'Rotten Tomatoes':

Hazel and Gus are two extraordinary teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them - and us - on an unforgettable journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous, given that they met and fell in love at a cancer support group. THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, based upon the number-one bestselling novel by John Green, explores the funny, thrilling and tragic business of being alive and in love.


Okay, just to start, I only just watched the movie on the weekend just gone, but I read the novel around Christmas and I have wanted to watch and review the movie ever since. Did you know, I read this complete novel in ONLY 2 days?? I just have to say, once you get to the point where Hazel and Augustus meet in the book, you are hooked. Addicted!


Also, if you are going to read this book or watch this film, you need to be prepared. And what I mean by that is you need to be prepared - with £10 worth of super soft tissues. Maybe around 2 thirds- 3 quarters in, you won't stop sobbing until nights become days. It is THAT SAD. I would probably have to say the saddest part is right at the end, and I won't tell you what happens because I have a keen habit of spoiling things. (In past film and book reviews, I have spoiled just a little sneak, yet people get so mad at me! (: )

And finally, I want to say that the actors/actresses in the movie deserve and Oscar - well maybe not an Oscar - but a television award of some sort.


Shailene Woodley - Hazel Grace Lancaster
Ansel Elgort - Augustus Waters (Gus)
Nat Wolff - Isaac
Laura Dern - Mrs Lancaster 
Willem Dafoe - Peter Van Houten
Lotte Verbeek - Lidewij Vliegenthart
 And many more actors who were in the movie - who didn't have a main part...

That's it for this week! But I will see you on Monday for a super, short and simple post... I will not tell you what it is until then :)

Goodbyeee!
-Glamour Girl x


Comments