My Experience


Hello!
I just wrote this to explain to you my experience in a college competition.
The poetry competition.

As you will probably know one of Tudor Grange's latest competitions is the light - themed poetry one. I decided to enter as I thought I could have a chance.

I ended up being second and even though I didn't win, I was very proud of myself.
Performing to all the college leaders AND Mrs. Roach was an unbelievable and daunting experience; but I got through it. 

The idea of my poem came to me in SAS. I wrote a few ideas down on a piece of paper and typed it up later on in the day.

I would just like to say thank you for giving me the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and getting my poem shortlisted!



My poem:


The Soul of the Night 

Blinded. Blinded by the light that came before me.  I lay 
motionless, placid, tranquil but not tranquil.  My hands felt 
brittle, brittle were my hands. 
 The bruises were deficient shades of grey and yellow, cowering 
over me like the beast that created them.  Like painting a 
picture, only not quite so creative. 

In the blink of an eye, all I could make out was the faint 
outline of an iridescent soul above.  My only friend, at this 
point. 

Their thrilling thunders and sparks that gorged my eyeballs 
were standing lonesome like the balmy tears attempting to 
race down my blundering cheeks. 

Flickering, the keyhole to my soul tripped to a gloomed black. 
Then, all the passion had disappeared.

Thank you!

-Glamour Girl x

Comments

  1. You should be very proud of yourself. It takes courage to stand up in front of the senior team and read a poem, which you did with such poise. Your poem was very moving. Well done Summer or 'Glamour Girl'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Great poem 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Make sure your comment follows the Tudor Values.