College Blog: Tyndale #1




Hello! 
You're probably wondering what this new segment is... we are now writing College blogs! And what better way to start with the best college in the whole of Tudor Grange Academy?? TYNDALE! Well I am in Tyndale so I cannot really say anything... 

College Leader Welcome
Welcome to the Tyndale College Blog! We hope that you will enjoy our posts, find them interesting, stimulating and fun. A special thanks to Summer (Glamorous Without the Guilt) for managing this site. Please keep sending your ideas if you would like to share and celebrate Tyndale's academic success: news and events and much more...

Merits: 
Okay, so what better way to start? Tyndale are top in Merits... Which is a first. Our college leader, Miss Dunn, was really pleased when she found out, and now she won't stop telling us to log in our Merits every single day! Which I know is not a bad thing, because we don’t want to give the winning prize to Walsingham: let the games begin! 
To be honest our attendance has been falling low a little bit, an with the GCSE'S coming up soon, we need to get moving. Education is key in your life :)

New Staff:
UPDATE: New English Teachers coming to Tudor Grange Academy in September. A few of them in school last week. Did you spot any new faces last Thursday?

Congratulations:
Congrats to T7 for winning most awards this half term and being the first 'Tyndale Tutor of the half term'! Congratulations Mrs Yates for being a great Tutor!

Mrs Allaway, T1 says: Why can't that be my Tutor?!
Mrs Dewe, T2 says: Oh, well done to them.
Mrs Smith-Birch, T6 says: CONGRATULATIONS! *Secretly wishes it was her Tutor...*
(They're a funny bunch!)

Interviews:
We interviewed sporty Tyndalers ..., guess what they said:
Representing the Tyndale Netball team:  Ella and Chloe Hooper (T1 and T2) 
  Interviewer: Why do you like playing Netball? 
Chloe :  I like it because you get to meet new people with the same interests as you and it makes me more occupied so I'm not as bored. 
Ella : I like it because it's good exercise and I'm quite passionate about Netball because it's something I love to do it. My big sister Chloe also inspires me to play Netball.

Interviewer: Do you come from a sporty background?
E : Our Nan was a PE teacher and she used to pick out players for the County teams.
C ; And our Granddad played Rugby for the county. I feel really inspired by him.

Interviewer: How did you get into Netball? Who got you into it?
C and E: Our Nan got us into it because she thought that we'd be good at it.

Interviewer: Do you feel proud to be in Tyndale? Why?
C and E: Even though Tyndale have been low in achievements lately we think they have lots of potential!

And finally, we hear from our Tyndale swimmers: Charlotte and Rebecca Yates (T1 and T7)

Interviewer: Why do you like swimming?
R; I keep fit and I'm quite good at it so why wouldn't I?
C; I get to meet new people, it's interesting to learn about the different swimming positions and I have a passion for it.

Interviewer: Do you come from a sporty background?
R and C: Our Mum used to play Netball for the county and our Dad is a big fan of Football so that's always on the Tv!

Interviewer: Do you feel proud to b in Tyndale? Why?
C: Yes, because over the years Tyndale have been the bottom of  most things but I;m glad that we're getting better.
R: Not really because it used to be bad, I don't know.

MERIT UPDATE; WALSINGHAM HAVE BEAT US BY A FEW MERITS! WE NEED TO LOG LOG LOG!
Every Friday we need to log our merits if you want to win!!

College Leader Message:
Who will win the first ever Tyndale college shield this Easter? T7 are still currently in the lead!

Okay so that's all for now! I hope you enjoyed this blog if you were in Tyndale, if not then your college will be up in the next couple of weeks. Goodbye for now!

- The Tyndale students, tutors, captains and leaders !! :)



Comments