The Best Drugstore Makeup Routine #1



The Best Drugstore Makeup Routine #1 

Hello again! Okay so I know that today I was supposed to post a Makeup HAUL, but I had an amazing idea. Why don’t I recommend a cheap – but decent  drugstore makeup routine?? Basically I will be looking at each area of the face and recommending my favourite product to useToday I will be doing skincare and then part 2 will be the eyes and lips. Are we ready? Yes we are! (I apologise in advance: these posts may be a little long. I didn't’t mean to plan it this long, but this is just how it turned out when I wrote it, sorry :) #sorrynotsorry) 


Skincare Part 1 

Foundation 
Lòreal True Match Lumi Foundation 


Okay so I have to say that this foundation sounds literally amazing! And when I say ‘sounds’, I mean I haven’t tried it but my friend says it is a life-changer. It looks pretty cool and covers up all imperfections easily. Just looking at someone wearing it, I would rate it a 9/10! 



Concealer  
NYX HD Photogenic Concealer’ 

OH. MY. GOD. I have to say this concealer is everything! It clears up imperfections on the skin, it closes up pores, plus it is super easy to pack away into confined spaces and would be the perfect size to carry around in your handbag or pocket. I can easily rate this a 8.5/10. The only reason why it probably isn’t a 10 is because it can somethings dry up in the creases on my face and is a pain to take off. This may be the exact opposite to you, but this is my honest opinion on it. 


Powder 
Rimmel London Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder’ 

Okay I use this powder daily so if you want to know anything about it, you should come and ask me. The only thing that is kind of annoying about it is that it really makes your face look weird when your face gets wet or is sweating. Yes girls, I’m talking about P.E. But I have to say, it’s a blessing to put on in the morning when your face is a greasy mess. I can rate this a 9.5/10. 



Eyebrows 
Maybelline New York Brow Precise Shaping Pencil’ 

God, some things have VERY long names. Like, couldn’t you just say ‘Maybelline New York Brow Pencil’?? I don’t know, it’s up to them. And by them I mean the company that made the product. Maybelline New Yor- oh forget it. On with my opinion of this product. I think this is REALLY good because it has not 1, but 2 tools for your eyebrows. On a scale of 1-10, this probably have to be an honest 7.5 :) 


Skincare Part 2 

Blush 
NYX Baked Blush + Illuminator’ 


Now I like this blush because 1) It is very pigmented (colourful/bright) on the skin and 2) It is NYX, and NYX is awesome. This blush is also cool because it is a ‘baked’ blush?? Not completely sure what that is but I think it’s something to do with the new ‘baking’ makeup craze. I can easily AND happily rate this makeup product a 7/10. The only slight mishap is that it is TOO pigmented, but an easy way to solve that is to put less on your brush, simple as. 


Bronzer 
‘Soap and Glory Bronzo Solar Powder’ 

gotta say: Soap and Glory is like makeup and skincare company GOALS. Not only do they make amazing bath and skincare products (as you saw in my bath+body haul) but that also make great makeup! One of my faces out of their who,e range has to be the bronzer ^ :) I don’t wear it to school but it is useful and handy if you want that ‘Summer Glow’ in the middle of the Christmas Holidays. Youknowwhatimsayin?? (‘Youknowwhatimsayin’ is a word me and the hair blogger made up. Break the syllables down. You’ll get it.) 


Contour and Highlight 
‘Anastasia Beverley Hills Contour and Highlight Palette’ 

Now THIS is what I’m talking about. Personally, I don’t wear contour, but I have to say, it looks AMAZEBALLS on the Kardashian-Jenner queens. But what I do not get is: ‘how can those Jenners get perfect contour results every SINGLE time?’ Yeah, no one knows. I swear they are aliens from a planet made of diamonds and dollars and big-butts. BUT they are BE.YOU.TI.FULL Aliens. 


THANKYOU for reading! I will be posting the second part of this blog post tomorrow or Saturday, so please keep your eye-shadowed-eyes peeled!! 
I will be hoping to see you tomorrow then (hopefully) :) 

GoooooooodByeeeeeeee x 
-Glamour Girl x

Comments